Thursday, March 20, 2008

Today's Booty

I did pretty well today. I got my wedding ring back from Wilson's, where it was being rhodium plated. It's so nice and shiny now. I love my engagement ring, and I love wearing it, but it's become a right hand ring, and I feel naked without my wedding ring. Charles designed it, and he did such a nice job! I always thought I didn't want a big diamond, and I would have been happy with a cubic zirconium even a quarter of the size of my diamond now. But I love love love my ring! I'm so vain about it. I'm always staring at it and seeing if I can get it to sparkle different colors and I know how silly that sounds. When people see me doing that, they probably assume I got engaged the night before or something. But I'll be doing that when I'm ninety. Charles is always saying that if I want, I can get a different setting someday. He is under the impression that I can ever get sick of my ring. Silly boy.
In addition to my ring, I got fudge and a Jamba and 72 hour kit supplies! Charles went to Cabela's with his brother to see if he could find something to beef up our 72 hour kits with his gift card, and while he was there he picked up all kinds of fudge! He knows what he's getting into when he does that. But nobody warned him about it before our first date, for which he brought me raspberry fudge. It was all over for him at that point, unbeknownst to him. I've since confessed to him that the fudge was the first reason I fell for him. The second reason was that he took me to a Christian Bale movie. The third reason was that after I told him what my favorite books were, he went and read them. But the first reason was the fudge, and it makes me happy that even though he knows he's stuck with me forever, he still wants to bring me fudge! He got some "afternoon delight" fudge, which is chocolate, divinity, and caramel. He got orange cream, raspberry swirl (like the kind from our first date), and cookies and cream cheesecake. I love that boy. And his taste in fudge.

And then he called on the way home to tell me he would be home soon, and when I asked him what he wanted for dinner so I could get it started, and he offered to bring me home a peach p-word Jamba instead. Am I spoiled or what?

9 comments:

Jack said...

yes, you are spoiled. and though i love Charles as much or more than the next guy, i think he's setting a pretty high standard. good thing my wife doesn't compare me to Charles, or i'd be toast. of course Natalie is more about toast than she is about fudge, so then maybe that's a good thing.

Jack said...

to clarify: what i meant by the first comment is yeah, Charles is stinkin awesome. i can say that honestly, even though he's never brought me fudge.

Unknown said...

I love you too, Jackie. If you want fudge I'll bring you some.

Kent and Leisy said...

kent and I LOVE fudge. love love love. Our tradition is disneyland fudge. It's to die for. and about your last post on "camera carrying". Life will always give you adventures worth taking pictures of. never ever go anywhere without it!!! oh, and I love your ring.

Shalene said...

Okay, I gotta ask. What is Rhodium and why did you have your ring plated in it - and - how do you say Rhodium? ;)

Shalene said...

Man, with the title of your post I thought I was goint to get a nice butt shot! That is how we Wyrick women refer to our tail ends - Booty.

Shalene said...

Leah's booty is actually stinkin cute in cloth diapers.

Molly said...

Rhodium is what makes yellow gold turn into white gold, so I go get it polished with rhodium every few months to keep it shiny looking. row-dee-um. And I'll try and get some booty shots for the next post!!

Shalene said...

LOL, I somehow cut myself short in my original Rhodium comment. I was thinking, "Does she think I cannot read or pronounce word properly" :) What I mean to sat was - How do you say Rhodium BACKWARDS! I miss my fun time with Molly analysis the science of backwards talk