Tuesday, March 11, 2008

gentle reprimand.

So, I received a gentle reprimand from my former roommate Noodle to update the blog. All the roommates did. So far only Shannah and Starla have caved, though, and they're extremely busy people, so I thought I should do my part as a not so busy person. I'm busy, but I'm no nursing/grad student! I am a senior, though, as evidenced by all the emails I've been getting telling me to order my cap and gown before the discount runs out. I finally did it. I measured my head to figure out my cap size, which I thought was a little silly, but kind of fun as well. And I decided to use all of my names on my degree. I sound like a law firm, but I kind of like that! All of my names are special to me, so I'm going to flaunt them.

So, I found out that Chris McGriff, my old friend from Lumpkin Road Children's Theatre and Afton Glen Children's Theatre, finally has his own real grown-up dinner theatre. Which is funny to me, because he'll always be sixteen in my head, but there you have it. And his new theatre is doing their first show in about two weeks, in the DC area. I'm so so sad that I won't be there for it! He wrote it himself, and it's called "Prodigal." Of course it's based on the story of the prodigal son. Anyone who can make it to the show, I'm sure it'll be tons of fun, and if you go, say hi to the McGriffs for me! I think everyone but Grace-C will be there. Here's the website to order tickets:http://newhorizonstheater.com/

Our upstairs neighbors just had their little baby girl on Thursday, and they're back home now. You can tell because they've apparently put their new rocking chair right above our bed. Our old upstairs neighbors did the same thing when they had their baby boy. We were really relieved when their baby started sleeping through the night, and we'd forgotten about the sound. I don't know if I can take it for another two months, though! Maybe they can't hear anything, but it creaks like crazy from underneath. I think I'm going to run up there and see if maybe they can put it at least in another corner. Wouldn't it make sense to put it in the baby's room, anyway? They have it in the living room, right above our bedroom. I've slept in the living room for the past week, with a combination of mid-semester insomnia and rocking-chair insomnia. Charles says that if I'm going to become a couch wife, he wants to get a more comfortable couch, and put it in the bedroom, so we don't have to be so far apart. I happen to like this one from Ikea, but I don't see us getting past a week with that couch without a huge stain on it. We're a clumsy couple!

5 comments:

Cecily Jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jax from the harmon squad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Starla said...

Way to delete those comments Molly- I hope they were spam and you should 'em who is boss! Sorry about the rocking chair! I hope you went or will go and talk to them!

jax from the harmon squad said...

At least IKEA couches all come with slipcovers- I wash ours about once a week (the casualties of having children) and so far it's held up pretty well. And I'm very flattered you like my blog enough for it to be your favorite. I do try. I think yours is great too, and my favorite are your comments! They make me smile.