Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kodak Moments

We don't have Kodak moments anymore. Charles still has film from his mission that he has yet to get developed, because he hasn't finished the roll. Digital cameras are the best.
I've decided to start taking my camera with me everywhere I go. I have it in my purse right now, and it's ready to go to school with me in the morning. I've caught quite a few fun moments with it, such as the St. Parakeet's Day picture from my previous post.
While I've vowed not to miss Kodak moments anymore, this decision, I'm afraid, has come far too late in my life to catch some of my most beloved Kodak moments. For example, in the spring of 2006, while I was on my daily mail route for OIT, in a light and chilly drizzling rain, I noticed what looked like a tiny studio apartment set up between the library and the HRCB. There was a bed, neatly made, with a small wooden nightstand, and a lamp with a crooked shade. There was an armchair that looked like it came from DI, and a closet. Actually, the closet was just a makeshift bar from which hangers were hung with all black and white clothes. The studio apartment was outdoors, in the rain. It was uninhabited. I stared at it for awhile, trying to figure out if there was some geurilla theater going on or something that I was missing, until I realized I needed to get back to work. On the way back from my route, the entire studio was gone. I never saw it again, and to this day I have no idea what it was about. I just wish I had a picture of it.
Here are a few of the Kodak moments I have been able to catch since my decision to carry a camera with me at all times.
The flowers Charles sent me at work when I was having a rough day.
And how I looked after trying to transport them home on my lap.
And how I finally resorted to transporting them home.
And how Charles looked upon seeing me arrive home with his flowers.
And my nephew dressed as Napoleon Dynamite. Random, but so worth having a picture of. Thanks to me and my camera, he will have this picture in the slide show at his wedding. That's a promise.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I really need to get better at actually taking pictures---I do have my camera with me always, but I don't take pictures as much as I used to. I think when digital was a novelty I just went crazy with it, but it sure is fun to have all those memories!

jax from the harmon squad said...

I am a picture foend- I take a thousand pictures of EVERYTHING. Problem is, it's a nice camera so it's a little large to carry around all the time. So I miss stuff a lot. LOVE the Napolean Dynamite picture!

Mollie said...

That is so interesting about the bedroom/apartment thing. I wonder how many other people saw it... I wish I would have!