Thursday, March 13, 2008

ThisOneGuyThatILove

So, I got an email from Xanga today, saying they missed me! That made me happy. I love to be missed, even by random form-letter-sending blogging sites. So I signed in and read some of my old posts, and it was very entertaining to me. Like reading an old journal and laughing about how all my plans fail and how it's a good thing they do. All my wedding plans were funny to read about. That was the only thing on my mind back then. I've noticed, by reading old blogs and journals of mine that I tend to be a somewhat obsessive person. I get stuck on one idea, and stay there for a looooooong time. Last year it was puppies. I wanted a puppy so badly that I couldn't think of anything else. I was constantly scheming to sneak a puppy into our no-pets-allowed apartment, and teach it to be mute, and only walk it at night so the neighbors wouldn't see, and stuff. The year before that it was the wedding. Before that it was African anthropology. In high school I had my sights set on one boy, who was completely out of my reach and also completely wrong for me. Looking back, I'm really glad that I didn't marry that kid, and that I'm not an anthropologist in Africa (although I still want to live there) and that we don't have a puppy, because if we did we wouldn't be able to go to Russia this summer.
I'm not going to tell you what my current obsession is this year, but I will give you a link to my old blog, in case you need a laugh. It's always good for a laugh.
http://www.xanga.com/moosewithabignose

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Really? You're over the puppy thing? Don't you still have pigtails and puppies Saturday's?

Molly said...

mmm, yeah. But I've now accepted the fact that it may take a few years for us to have a puppy.

Unknown said...

I love your old blog, especially the posts about me! That was a very fun time. I miss walking to school with you in the morning, and riding the scooter with you everywhere we went. But I love you even more now than I did then. Crazy, huh!

Starla said...

Your blog is good for a laugh too!