Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Parakeet's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you! Charles had class until seven, so we didn't do too much celebrating, but we did get a corned beef rueben from Arby's so Charles could get his Irish food fix. And since we couldn't find any apple beer, we got some ginger ale and root beer instead. Probably not the most festive St. Patrick's Day Charles has ever seen, but he did wear his bright green shirt and a green tie with his jeans when he went to school. Lest anyone doubt he's Irish. I love my handsome leprechaun!

Our niece Mckenzie was told in kindergarten that leprechauns had red hair, and she came to believe that all redheads were leprechauns. Inlcuding her Uncle Ryan, much to everyone's amusement. She became shy around him, and just stared until finally she asked if he had a pot of gold.

Kenzie's a senior this year, and we just got back from her dance showcase. She's on her school's drill team, and they won first place at nationals this year. We got to see her regional solo performance, too, and she's about the coolest dancer there is! I loved seeing her perform. It was really sad to think this was her last time, because she's graduating, but she says she's a little relieved. Dance has pretty much been her whole life these past three years, so I think she's excited for the next phase, which is UVU! She'll be moving down her in August, and we can't wait! Maybe we'll actually make some friends, finally!

Here are a few pictures of her showcase! Charles took these, so they're not my fault!
Also, here's a picture of the sign outside the asian market we go to. It's right next door to our favorite Thai restaurant ever. In case you can't see, it's trying to wish you a happy St. Patrick's Day. But it's more of a happy St. Parakeet's Day or something. We were touched, nonetheless.

3 comments:

Starla said...

I am also touched. Why did you have your camera with you?

jax from the harmon squad said...

Happy St. Parakeet Day to you too! Now, if only I liked birds as much as I like the Irish... and I like your hair Molly, its very cute!

Molly said...

I've decided to take my camera everywhere I go. It's in my purse. Just because you never know when you'll see something funny.