Thursday, September 3, 2009

Olivia's happy place


So, Olivia seems to have caught a bug, and was very fussy last night. She kept spitting up after her feedings, and she had the sniffles and sneezes and an excess of boogers and snot. There's no polite way to say that. They were healthy and clear boogers and snot, but there was too much for me to be happy with. Bulb syringes (George, in our house. He's a regular member of the fam) are not my favorite, even though Olivia's fairly patient with me when I have to include George. Apologies in advance to my future nephew who will be named George. But my George was here first. Em, you're naming your kid after our bulb syringe.
Anyway, after Olivia went through her third pair of pj's last night, I decided to just leave her naked under her blanket, so I just diapered her and tucked her in the best I could so she couldn't grab her tube.
Outfit number 1.
Outfit number 2.
Ouftit number 3.

She finally fell asleep after she was swaddled with three different blankets, a hat, and a pacifier (sucker, in our house. It's a member of the fam, too) and even though she'd been kind of stressful for me all night, I had to capture the moment because it melted my heart.
For someone who's never had much patience with kids, I think I'm doing fairly well with Livie. I can't get enough time with her, even when she's being more difficult. I hate leaving her to go to work, and I love love love our feeding times, now that she's doing so well and seems to enjoy them, too. I guess it's a good thing that we get along so well, because Charles has a yucky case of walking pneumonia and isn't allowed to come near Olivia. Poor guy's been coughing and fighting so hard, and it's exhausting him. And he really misses his little girl, too. I hate being the mean one to say he can't sleep in the same room as us, but he understands. I just can't wait till he's better and we can all be a cuddly family again!

No comments: