Thursday, September 3, 2009

your mom goes to college


Ok, This is a little late, but my mom needs to see it, so here goes. This week was Lizzy's first week of college, and we got to move her in to her dorm! It was a pretty big deal, I'm not gonna lie. You have to be pretty cool to be asked to do something like that. Or live really close to campus or something.
Anyway, It was Olivia's first time going to college too, so we made sure to take lots of pictures of both of them. Here's Olivia all ready to go and waiting for mom to hurry up and put her in the car already. It seems like I'm always holding someone up these days.


Lizzy listening to her RA's orientation speech, ethernet cables, visiting hours, cannon center info, etc. It was about as fascinating as Lizzy's making it look, but she was a good girl and listened to the whole thing.
So did Olivia.

Moving her in was a little difficult since we had a clunky carseat/stroller combo, until we turned the stroller into a dolley and carried Olivia. We like to think outside the box, as college graduates.
Calling mom to say she's moved in.
Lizzy's floor theme is Seussville, this year. I'm enthusiastic about that. There's all these Seuss quotes on the walls, and of course I read each of them. I'm a sucker for quotes on walls. Charles got really frustrated with me when Olivia was in the NICU because I had to stop and read all the directions and updates and info and nonsense that was plastered on the walls. After I'd finally finished Timp's walls, we started all over at Primary's, and Charles got tired of having to steer me away to the elevators when I got sucked in by the walls. I am also a voracious shampoo bottle reader. Herbal Essences are the best reading, by the way.
Since Lizzy's gone to college, she's spent a total of three nights at our house. And hopefully she's spending the night Saturday, since our poker night is sure to last far into the morning, and I'm not driving her home, that's for sure. This week's theme is Ocean's Eleven poker. We're having sushi and mocktails and dressing up in our Brad Pittiest. And I am going to wipe the floor with them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of all my college girls. Wish I could have been there. Thank you so much for "Launching" Lizzy (sounds like a book). I'm so glad you guys are there for her. I miss you all and love you bunches.


Grandma

The Hot Heifers said...

I'm with you on the shampoo-bottle-reading. I read all the bottles in the shower, I'd never read Herbal Essences though until i was staying at your house, and using your shower. definately the best by far!! I love the jokes they have where you can only see the shampoo's answer on the conditioner and vice versa! Olivia's outfit is so cute in those pictures! she never ceases to impress me!! Love you and miss you!

Birches said...

Oh I miss those cinderblock walls. . . . good times.

Cecily Jane said...

You're so right about the Herbal Essences thing. And Seuss quotes are the best. But remember when we moved into T-Hall, 5th floor? 504 and 517? Good times.

The Hot Heifers said...

Does anyone other than me find it weird that Mom can sign her comment with the name "grandma"? I should start signing mine Tante Anna.



Tante Anna

Molly said...

Oh, that was mom! I thought you'd shown grandma how to do it, and I was so impressed!