Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm weening, I'm weening! It's a race!

I'm the official winner of the Campbell family Who-Can-Keep-Their-Fish-Alive-Longer contest! This afternoon when we came home from church, Charlemaigne was looking a little under the weather in his little tank. Upon further inspection, he was found to be dead.
Of course we'll still need to get Brian's test results back and make sure he's not on any illegal steroids, but it looks like I've tentatively got a blue ribbon for my blue little finned friend.
In other news, I got to start my new calling today in the enrichment committee. This may sound a little foreign to all my LDS readers out there, but I've never really served on a committee. So far so good, though. I get to head up a relief society book club! I can see myself really getting into this. I need to pick a book by next Sunday though, because I need to announce the selection in Relief Society. I'm already trying to figure out what refreshments would be awesome enough that people will appreciate them, but not so awesome that they distract from the awesome literature. How about some humble pie? Nah.
Also, I'm sure you will all be happy to know that we greeted the snow this morning by turning on some good old fashioned Meppen-style Christmas music. Doc Severinson and the Tonight Show Band. Charles played his imaginary trumpet along to the CD, and it was joyous.
And I'll have you know, by the time I woke up from my after church nap, Charles had already made (and eaten) dinner, cleaned up the living room for the home teacher, and gotten rid of the snow for me. Maybe he had a little help with that last one, but he's taking the credit, so there you have it.
Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm so excited for Christmas with a new and improved and enlarged Campbell family. I'm sure Brian will be thrilled, if I can keep him alive long enough.

9 comments:

Birches said...

If Charlemagne died, doesn't that mean the Campbell family is shrinking, not "enlarged?"

Aaron

Molly said...

Brian STILL makes the family bigger than it was last Christmas. Even if his brother bit the dust.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great calling, I bet you'll enjoy it! Good luck with the fish! My question is: how are you with house plants?

Kristie said...

ooo, i love that you listened to christmas music today! its making me feel excited for the upcoming season :)

Molly said...

I'm typically pretty good with houseplants, except flowering ones.

jax from the harmon squad said...

I usually kill everything, but I've been doing well with plants and children recently, although fish didn't make the cut. And to me it still feels like August- maybe if we got snow I'd feel like Christmas.

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm in charge of book club in my ward- so if you need any ideas- let me know! I could give you our book lists or anything else that may help.

Shalene said...

Now you are giving me the freak out! ;)

Cecily Jane said...

Molly, I think that I'M ready for Chhristmas to start. This ios what happens when a Cecily is cut off from her best friend. Help!