Tuesday, July 29, 2008

insomnia sleeps for no man...or woman.



I wonder how many of my blog posts have been written during the wee hours of mornings because I haven't been able to fall asleep? I'm willing to bet at least half, if you include the ones from my first blog. This one is read more frequently by family members, so I try not to post anything that would alarm my mother, and it seems that I have my most alarming thoughts in wee hours. So I try not to post here without a good night's sleep.

Obviously, this is an exception.

I've been online looking at job prospects and housing prospects, and I have to say, things are looking much better for me as a college graduate than they did when I got married two years ago. I'm sending out resumes right and left. And up and down. I'm only worried that I'll miss deadlines, because I'm sending them out for job listings right now, but I'm not getting back until late August. And I've found some very charming looking apartments, but I know from experience that apartments look much different in real life than they look on ksl.com. And I hate finding good ones and then having to wait until night time to call about them, so I'm not waking home owners in wee hours. But I'm up anyway, so I might as well.


The cool thing about insomnia is that I have dirt on everyone I've ever shared a room with. People do strange things in their sleep. I love collecting quotes in wee hours. Here are some of my favorites:

"GOLLYGEEWILLIKERS!" (this was shouted, nay, screamed. It was alarming, to say the least.)

"Please pass the chicken salt." (as opposed to the turkey salt?)

and my all time favorite:

"We were going to storm the castle, but Mika was already there!"
That's what happens when you fall asleep with headphones on, I guess.
Sweet dreams to all our readers.

7 comments:

Cecily Jane said...

What do you do while you're waiting to fall asleep? Just lie in bed? I would sa that you should call me, but you would probably wake Charles.

Kristie said...

i had some insomnia when i was preggers. thats why i have read the twilight series 4 times.

Natalie said...

I am glad to provide some middle-of-the-night-sleep-talking entertainment for you! What is your other blog?

Anonymous said...

Aw man! I hallucinate about Mika all the time when I'm tired.

Lizzy Meppen said...

I don't sleep either, the other night i organized my closet by roygbiv, around 3 a.m. I have also read twilight 4 times, plus about 80!

Birches said...

I want to know your other blog too!

I had a mission companion that would regularly have fights with the hangers in the closet while he was sleep walking. Unfortunately for me, I slept on the floor between him and the closet. One time I took my tape recorder to bed with me to prove to him how bad it was. "Go back to bed Elder!"

Aaron

Dr. Jared Hanson ND, LAc said...

If you regularly experience insomnia, you should consider acupuncture. Acupuncture is a wonderful treatment for insomnia. You should look for a good acupuncturist in your area.

New York Acupuncturist