Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh good laugh, there was sing.

Such a poetic line, from "Suessical the Musical." At least, that's what I thought the line was. And I was so jealous that somebody else had thought it up before I did. I didn't know what it meant, but it sounded so cool to me. Then Cecily told me that the real line was "Oh, could that fella sing."
I am just that cool.
Charles had a similar experience as a teenager when he mistook the words "dangerous liason" for "dangerously hazel." He felt silly for telling me my eyes were dangerously hazel, because, he admitted, he'd heard that phrase in a song and thought it was cool. But he really didn't. He made it up all by himself, and it still makes me feel giddy. Teehee.
He is just that cool.

Thank goodness for fuzzy speakers and bad listening skills.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you, Molly. I giggled and laughed through the entire post. And boy did I need a good giggle. My tummy hurts today.

jax from the harmon squad said...

I have bad hearing, so this is the story of my life. For instance, it wasn't until I read it in a magazine that I realized it is filet mignon: I always thought it was flaming yon and wondered who in the world came up with a name like that.

Cecily Jane said...

That happens to me all the darn time!

Lizzy Meppen said...

In ABBA's "dancing Queen" I always used to think it was young and lean, not young and sweet. Yikes!

Heidi said...

Molly, what is the best email address to contact you? Uncle Craig wants to ask a favor of you...better yet, you could just email him at oasisart@hotmail.com

p.s. Your oldest cousin used to think that February 14 was Dallintine's Day. And all of our kids used to sing about the house on the sand when the "rains came down and the spuds came up".

Kristie said...

that was fantastic. your writing makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

For years, I though Billy Jean went like this:

Billy Jean is not my lover.
She's just a girl that
Thinks that I am the one
But the CHAIR is not my son!

Gardners said...

What about the song, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly? Most people were certain it was, "In the Garden of Eden", but no, it was really just nonsense words...

Birches said...

Charles listens to Jason Mraz?

My personal favorites are Jimi Hendrix, "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" and Creedence Clearwater's "There's a bathroom on the right"

Aaron