Saturday, September 13, 2008

Remember that time

that I said I'd post pictures of our babies so you could all see them? Well, I lied, because they're all dead. And yes, they were goldfish. And yes, I know they're like, impossible to keep alive, but come on. We tried so hard. We sang them songs, and talked to them, and carried them from room to room with us so they wouldn't be lonely. Nobody has ever loved a fish so bad.
So, of course I'm trying to talk Charles into a more substantial pet, but I have yet to get him to agree to so much as a guinea pig. Snake yes, pig no. Where's the logic in that? We've already had scaley pets and they're dead. I think we shouldn't push our luck with them. So, what I really need all our readers to do is call Charles' phone tomorrow and push the baby dachshund idea. Preferably before the adoption event at Petsmart at 1 pm tomorrow. I'm counting on you, people. Help Charles see the light.

8 comments:

Birches said...

I don't know Charles's phone number, but we are highly in favor of you guys getting a dachshund, or as we call them "Snicker Dogs." Von's grandparents have had two dachshunds, and they were both named Snickers. We recommend it as a name and a dog.

Birches said...

Although I will add, dogs are too much work. That's why we only visit Snickerdogs at my grandparents instead of having our own. (Also I think the foxes or coyotes would eat them here in CO). Vero

Cecily Jane said...

Don't you get a refund? I think that's what the lady said.

Sorry about your fish, guys. They were so pretty!

Kent and Leisy said...

you killed ALL THREE?!?! do you have the touch of death? For a new pet- I vote for snake! we had one and LOVED it. they are nearly impossible to kill. We didn't feed ours once for SEVEN weeks and it still lived.

Trisha said...

Go with the dachshund!!! You know how much we love our sweet little Maybel and we are getting a male next month. His cute little picture is on my blog if you want to see him. I'll be a dachshund lover forever, but I'm not to big of a fan of snakes!

Mollie said...

AHH! I haven't checked blogs in awhile and I totally missed out on that. Sorry!

I agree with Leisy. Snakes are the best. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have met her snake. I vote for that.

mightymuffin said...

I highly reccomend a guinea pig. They have their own personality, and they don't talk back. Everyone here loves Polka-Dot(smokin'-pot).

Gardners said...

Ah, sorry I missed out too! Sooo, I can only assume that you didn't get one. Doggies are a nice prequal to kiddies, as we've found. You can't just leave them in the car while you go shopping, you have to find babysitters when you leave, and often they just poop and eat but are so darn cute.