Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's that time of year again!

Job hunting time. The time of year when I am glued to the computer, and my phone is always in my hand or my lap, so I know when it vibrates. I've sent out roughly a trazillion applications, and so far I've had only one interview. Which seemed to go pretty well, but I haven't heard back from them, and tomorrow's the last day that I would expect to. So keep me in your prayers if you don't mind!
So since I've been looking at sooo many opportunities lately, I've come up with a list of priorities so I can narrow down the search a little. Here they are, for your reading entertainment.
1. the ability to work from home if I want, but not if I don't want.
2. the right to wear scrubs, whether I decide to work from home or not. Hot pink scrubs, to be exact.
3. a six figure salary. I'm being modest, but a little scrimping never hurt anyone.
4. a personal assistant who will talk to any mean people for me. S/he will be paid handsomely, of course, and will therefore become a valuable friend.
5. I want to be the boss, but I don't want to make the decisions.

I don't see why I'm having such a hard time finding a job, but at least it's teaching me a little humility.

In other news, Charles is back to school. And already he wants to pull his hair out. He'd pull out his professors' hair, but they're all bald. I'm so proud of him for working hard and pushing through.
Our new apartment is still making me giddy. When I lay in bed at night, waiting to fall asleep, and the AC suddenly kicks on to lull me into dreamland, I sometimes giggle. I'm already sleeping much better. Who knew air conditioning was the cure to insomnia? Well, air conditioning coupled with the "no-books-or-computers-or-unrestful-objects-or-stuff-in-the-bedroom rule." Works wonders.
I made a beautiful cake. Chocolate fudge with chocolate frosting. The filling is orange marmalade, and I candied some orange slices for decoration. It was so pretty, I've had a hard time eating it. But I will prevail.
My new car is my second best friend after Charles. Well, currently tied with Charles, to be precise. Her name is Ruby Eleanor, and she's a '92 Mazda 323. Red. We're currently looking into how to put ladybug spot on her without permanently disfiguring her. I think magnets are the way to go.
And last but far from least, Charles and I are very happy to announce that we are adding to our family of two. We're upgrading to a family of five, with three new babies. Their names are Reba, Oscar, and Simon, and there will be pictures to post soon. We're new to this parenting thing, so we're pretty tired and all. But I swear we'll post some forthwith! Feel free to stop by in the meantime and get to know them personally.
Thanks for stopping by! Stay classy, Provo/Orem area!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I was so hopeful when I saw you online today, and you didn't let me down! A new post, finally! Sorry you have to do the job hunting thing. Nobody likes that. Best of luck to you!

Cecily Jane said...

"S/he will be paid handsomely, of course, and will therefore become a valuable friend."

Molly, I think that you owe me a couple of years' worth of wages. Worry not; I can wait until you get a job before I demand payment.

Brady said...

Are you guys still in our ward, or did you move out of it?? (This is Beck signed in under Brady)

Birches said...

My vote is for goldfish. The Birches are anxiously anticipating their unveiling.

jax from the harmon squad said...

I think you should be adding babies, but that's just me. I know your mom must be DYING for grandkids (actually, thats just a guess, but am I right?). And I think your requests out of a job are perfectly reasonable, and thats probably why I can't ever get a job either:)

Kristie said...

sorry i never called you back. i deleted the message by accident and didnt have your number! i'd be happy to cut your hair, if you havent already taken care of it in the meantime. sorry i'm such a slacker! good luck on the job hunt!

Mollie said...

I can't wait for the sequel to this post.

P.S. We need to make a date to go camping. Hopefully you can find a babysitter and Charles can escape school for a weekend.

Gardners said...

OOH, happy hunting. I wish I could wear hot pink nothing. Eww. :)