Sunday, August 10, 2008

During the Olympics?

So, we found out this morning that Russia has declared war on Georgia. It shouldn't be a problem as far as being deported or losing our visas or anything. We're leaving on Thursday, anyway. I'm just a little shocked that we didn't even know for a few days, because we haven't had internet and we don't watch tv here.
Rather, we thought we didn't have internet. At least, we didn't pay for internet for August, so it should have been cut off on the first of August. So we've been eating a lot of McDonalds, and checking our email and stuff every night at McDonald's. Tonight when we were watching the Olympics, however, we realized that Russia had declared war, and since we didn't want to go to McDonald's on a Sunday, we plugged in the internet cord just to see what would happen. And we've had internet all along. Duh.
So, we've had a nice relaxing sabbath afternoon, applying for jobs and checking the news. I have now applied to approximately a zillion jobs. No offers yet. No interviews, even. Maybe I was overly optimistic when I started this search. I'm applying for everything I'm qualified for. I even applied for a cooking job for a women's shelter. I'd actually really like to get that one, except that it's part time, so I'd need to find a job that would let me have funky hours for the rest of the time. Not likely.
Anyway, if any of you Utah people hear of any receptionist, editing, writing, cooking, whatever jobs, let me know! I want to work!

3 comments:

mightymuffin said...

If your applying for a cooking job be sure to mention the creme
brulee incident...

Emile Gibson said...

Yo, I'm so excited to freaking see you!

Cecily Jane said...

I was hoping that you guys were okay. By the way, could you pass some of those jobs along? Just don't tell my parents. My dad is literally putting a shower in the downstairs bathroom for me.