Sunday, June 29, 2008

Success

Since I know you were all so worried about our tummies being empty, I wanted to let you know that I have found something cheap and easy and Russian that I like to eat. Pyroshky. I haven't tried any of the meat-filled ones yet (pigs will fly the day I do) but I like the ones with fruit inside. And the ones with mashed potatoes. Strangely delicious.

So, we did all kinds of fun things this week, and we had so many opportunities for good pictures, but we keep forgetting to charge our camera batteries! So you'll just have to trust me when I say that I saw Tolstoy's winter home, and it was very cool. Apparently he didn't normally live in Moscow, but when his older kids started going to university in Moscow, he had this home built so he could move the whole family out during the school year, and they could all still be together. I'm planning to suggest this to my parents, so anyone who's reading this from Utah, can you look around for a place for my family? I know they miss me terribly, but they absolutely pine for Charles.
Since we don't have any pictures of our own to post this week, I'm going to leave you with this one because it's really funny. Watch out for Maggie's evil eye, and don't tell Lizzy that life vest makes her look fat, because I'm pretty sure that's what she's already telling my mom as she took the picture.

5 comments:

Lizzy Meppen said...

Molly, did you ever stop to think that maybe i like looking fat?...
If you really want to blackmail me one day show people the picture of all of us kids in matching t-shirts, that is as low as it gets in my mind!

Birches said...

Aaron says that we should eat perogies (sorry I'm sounding it out since I can't see it anymore). He got into them in Canada. The aforementioned Russian girls Aaron and I knew in Mesa also liked polemi, which I thought was pretty good too.

Starla said...

Matching shirts are fun. And I'm glad you aren't starving. That is the worst possible death to me. Starving to death. Burn me, hang me, shoot me, stab me, but PLEASE don't starve me! I get crungry after only a few short hours of not eating!

Cecily Jane said...

This one time my dad thought it would be a great idea if the entire family dressed up in matching neon red life vests for our vacation.

At Disneyland.

Luckily, we were able to talk him out of it.

Mark said...

Charles will have to help me with the spelling, but one of my favorite Russian foods is pelmeeni! At least that's how we spelled it in Estonian. If you were to see it in an English dictionary, it would probably say, "pel-MAY-knee" or something akin. Hope you guys are loving it!