Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm IT

I've been tagged. Six random facts about me...
1. I have a titanium tooth. I can bite through anything. Except bread, apparently.
2. My favorite punctuation mark is the period. Followed closely by the semicolon. You may think they are the most boring ones, but they are not; they can be used to quite comical effect when used correctly and respectfully.
3. I shave my legs everyday.
4. If I can't sleep, I get up and change my clothes. Underwear especially. I don't know why, but it sometimes really helps.
5. I am allergic to the sun, even though I love the sun so much! If I get too much sun, I break out in a VERY itchy rash, like hives.
6. I can eat a dozen glazed original Krispie Kreme donuts in one sitting. Most of me is not proud of that, but part of me is.

And just for fun, six random facts about Charles!

1. He likes watching golf on TV.
2. He has seen President Putin in person (on Easter). He has seen President Bush in person (in Lithuania).
3. He does not like hot fudge on his ice cream, because if his ice cream melts even a little bit before he eats it, he won't eat it at all.
4. He is a news junkie. He regularly reads six newspapers everyday. He also reads Scientific American, Christian Science Monitor, and the Financial Times everyday. He also listens to NPR everyday. How he accomplishes anything else is beyond me. But his accomplishments are prolific, so I don't have an issue with his papers!
5. He likes to climb trees.
6. He doesn't like pickles. He doesn't like to eat things that have been close proximity to pickles. He doesn't like living in apartments where other people eat pickles, or where other people regulary pickle things for no apparent reason. He does like garlic and basil and oregano and he thinks he would like to try saffron someday. He likes paprika and pumpernikel. He doesn't like too much cilantro on his food. These are a few of his favorite things. He likes redvines and firecrackers and fireworks are his favorite and the fourth of July is his very favorite holiday. He enjoys 19th century French literature. He thinks platinum is a very pretty color. He believes in art. He believes my face is a work of art. He also believes that the past fifty years have trivialized the art that is music. He believes that good music is still made today, but that most people don't appreciate good music. Too many people say that they are music lovers when in fact music is just a backdrop in their lives, not a main event. He loves Papa John's. He has many leatherbound books. His apartment smells of rich mahogany. He is done with this speech.

I asked him for some random facts, and this is what I got. He was interesting to listen to, once he got started, so I just let him dictate. So my seventh fact is that I am a good typist.

10 comments:

Molly said...

I feel like I'm living vicariously in Russia. Such fun.

Thank you for your prayers!

Cecily Jane said...

Christian Science Monitor?

Do they cover the medical advances that AREN'T taking place?

Heidi said...

Molly, you are soooo right about changing your clothes to get to sleep. If I could kick Uncle Craig out of bed in the middle of the night, I'd change the sheets, too!

jax from the harmon squad said...

You guys are pretty funny! Rob is the same way, I'll ask him a question, and he has a little monologue- it is quite entertaining to listen to. Maybe someday we'll live close to each other again and we can be friends and all our adopted children can be friends too. Wouldn't that be great?

Kate Harrell said...

I've never tried the changing clothes thing...taking a shower works for me. Which, I guess I change my clothes after that. Hmmm...maybe the shower isn't necessary then. Life lessons here! :)

Mollie said...

Oh I miss you!!! And you feel so far away!!

Birches said...

See, its the little things that really tell you about a person. For instance, now I know I can freely quote "Anchorman" in front of you guys without fear of being ostracized.

Aaron

"Dorothy Mantooth is a SAINT!"

Nadiah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadiah said...

Nuh uh, there is no way anyone can eat that many krispy kremes in one sitting. I get sick after 1.5!

Thoroughly impressed, I am.

mightymuffin said...

How many times have you completed the dozen doughnut fiasco?