Wednesday, January 16, 2008

an inversion, or a bubble?

It's winter, and Christmas is over. Often Charles and I ask ourselves what the point of winter is, once Christmas is over. And we find no point at all. This is why we have decided to continue celebrating Christmas, indefinitely. We are keeping the tree up, Provo.

We're back in school, and we're doing pretty well so far. I don't have any goals of a 4.0 this semester; I just stinking want to graduate! Charles is really enjoying his classes so far, except for the stupid computer stats class. I like that class, though, because I get to talk to Charles online while he's there! I'm having an early-brit-lit-based semester, which is too bad because I hate early-brit-lit. Hence, my last semester is loaded with Shakespeare, because I put him off until the end of my college career, all the while hoping that the world would see the error of their ways and stop worshipping and adoring the Bard. I certainly have stopped!

New Years was a fun time for us. All the Campbell clan went bowling, and then we went to Chris' house to continue bowling on their new Wii. I was beaten very unceremoniously by my five-year-old niece Emily. We gave three-year-old Sarah a remote that wasn't plugged in, and she would stand in front of the TV and "bowl" during everyone's turn. Whenever someone got a strike, she would jump up and yell "I did it! I did it!" and everyone would congratulate her. It was easier that way. And more fun!

Then we went to Charles' friend Dave's house, and met his wife for the first time (she's cool! we like her!) and saw all the other friends, too. At ten pm, I got a call from the future. It was my dad in VA. "Hey, what year is it where you are?" he wanted to know. They'd just finished their annual Back to the Future marathon (my favorite part of New Year's!) and they were out on the porch banging pots and pans and waking up the neighbors. I still had two more hours to wait before I could get my New Year's kiss, though!

This weekend we're going to Charles' family's cabin, with his brother Matt and his family. It's going to be way fun! and there's nothing like a trip to the cabin to make you appreciate winter, and also wood stoves. and wool socks. and heavy quilts. and hot chocolate. We're in charge of one of the meals there, so I'm trying to decide whether to go with soup to warm us up, or something fun for the kids like tacos or pigs in a blanket or something. I love feeding people!

Well, that's it from us for now. We'll take some fun pictures at the cabin and get them posted soon! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: