Thursday, August 27, 2009

sorry, grandma








I've been meaning to post this stuff for ages, but haven't really had much time to do so! My mom's dying for pictures and videos, though, so here you go, mom. This stuff may be boring to anyone without a vested interest in my baby, so you've been warned.
I however, think she's perfect. I could look at this stuff forever if I wasn't so busy with the real thing!
Three months old on Saturday, and this is what's new with Olivia:
1. She's a pro at holding her head up. Her occupational therapist was really impressed with the improvement from just two weeks ago. In fact, he says she's advanced for her age at sitting up. Boo ya.
2. She's cooing and talking non-stop. Especially for Aunt Lizzy, as you can see in the video. She just loved conversing with her. She's still not much of a crier. She can definitely express dissatisfaction, but just seems to be mostly satisfied with her life.
3. This is my favorite bit of news. She really only needs her tube for night time feedings these days. She's breastfeeding during the day, and does really well at it. It's turned into our favorite thing- not just my favorite, but hers, too! She stops every now and then to smile and coo, then gets back to business.
4. Still sleeping through the night! We have a perfect baby. She did wake us us the other morning at six, an hour before her feeding, by smacking her lips really loudly. She seems to have discovered her lips and tongue, because she just loves to lick and smack. lick and smack, lick and smack. Every time I pick her up, she licks my shoulder and smacks my shirt. I rather enjoy it!
5. Eyes still blue, but the red hair seems to be taming and turning brown. She still looks remarkably like her daddy, but a few people swear she sometimes resembles me when you squint. I still don't see it, but it's nice of them to say. Good thing Charles is so good-looking!
6. We were bored of Settlers the other night, because Charles kept winning. So we pulled up Texas Hold 'Em on wikipedia and taught ourselves to play. It's actually pretty fun! Mostly a psychological game, from what I can tell. We don't play for money or anything, obviously, but we've decided (we being Charles, Lizzy and I) that there are very many genres of poker that we need to explore. There's Ocean's Eleven style poker, Richard Gilmore style poker, boys night out style poker, smoky backroom in chinatown style poker, etc. We are slowly working our way through them. These are our poker faces. And yes, we wear hats and sunglasses. We're that serious about the game.


6 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

Grandma isn't the only one who likes pictures, you know. She is so. dang. cute. And looks sassy too:) Let me know when you guys go to VA so we can come up and see you (well, I'm not gonna lie, Olivia may have something to do with it:) )

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I'm SO glad that she's doing SO well! And how fun that Lizzy is out there with you guys now. Keep the pictures coming!

Lizzy Meppen said...

molly, i'm moving back in with you, i miss olivia! so i'll be there sometime later today and im never leaving!

Sabine Schindler said...

Thanks you for that great post. Your Mom showed it to me last night and I had to watch it again. It was really fun to read, look at the pictures and watch the video. We're sooo glad, Olivia is doing so well and that Lizzy can be with you!
Can't wait to see you all at Christmas!

Cecily Jane said...

I would be awful at poker.

The Hot Heifers said...

She's definately bluffing.