Monday, February 16, 2009

In case you thought we were up to no good

We've actually been very busy lately. Doing very important things, ok?
For one, our family handed down a whole bunch of baby stuff for Tiny Campbell. She now has a swing that can go front to back and side to side. And she has a cradle that was handmade for Charles before he was born. It can swing from side to side, too. I love it. It's bigger than I imagined it would be, too, so I think we'll be able to use it longer than we planned. They even gave us bedding and a mobile to go with it, along with a mobile and crib toy for the crib Tiny will eventually graduate into. 
Charles insisted on setting it all up right away, even though we haven't really cleared a spot in Tiny's room for it all yet. He's a little excited. I kinda like it. I can't believe how blessed we are to have all this stuff handed down to us. 
I finally tried out my sister-in-law's recipe for blueberry bread pudding the other day, because there were fresh blueberries for sale at Target, and it was more than I could resist. I think it turned out pretty, don't you? And more importantly, it was stinking delicious. It just may become a Christmas tradition in our house. 
And finally, to prove to you that we'e been very busy and haven't had any time at all to play, we have a video for your viewing entertainment. 

10 comments:

Emile Gibson said...

You know, I think Willy is going to be one of those cats that either really hates your baby or else tries to cuddle with it all the time...especially if the baby is enjoying HIS toys. Funny, funny. But you're going to have to keep and eye on him.

Melissa said...

Wilson is sooo cute! Thanks for the entertainment!

Suzanna said...

What is poor Wilson going to do when Tiny Campbell takes over his swing and crib?

Kristie said...

that blueberry thing looks delish--and how awesome that you got such great hand-me-downs! hope you are feeling well!

Anonymous said...

Please send me your blueberry bread pudding recipe. I know Craig would love it and I can tell it will take care of all sorts of carb cravings for me as well.

Thanks, Aunt Heidi
oasisbirch@hotmail.com

p.s. Your cat is stinking cute.

Birches said...

Warning! Warning! Warning!

We also had a cat before Carmen was born. She was the love of my life (besides Aaron of course). Sometime during the first two weeks of Carmen's life (what I like to refer to as Hell), we came home one night to find that she (the cat, not Carmen) had pooed and peed right in the middle of my pillow. I guess she had a problem with her new status in the family.

She went to my mom's that night. Just a cautionary tale.

Cecily Jane said...

That is the best video! I laughed so hard!

I think that you may be aware of how much I liked your bread pudding . . . :)

Mollie said...

I don't like cats except for yours.

The Hot Heifers said...

I can't wait to meet this Wilson in person this summer. Congrats on all the baby stuff!

Lizzy Meppen said...

I think Wilson might be a feline of version of Grant, into everything and very entertaining! I can't wait to hang out with you guys, Wilson and especially tiny Campbell in the comin year!