Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello, food? It's me, Molly.

I'm baaaaaack! I feel like I'm finally myself again. I love food again, and I have at least enough energy to get me through a workday. For my whole first trimester, I slept through my lunch breaks because food was gross and sleep was good. It still is good, but so is food again.
I had my first real craving today, I think. At least my first weird one. Mashed potatoes, mixed with peas, on whole wheat toast. Sorry to anyone reading this who's still in their first trimester, but it was soooooo satisfying. Charles, who hates peas, was happy for me, but still a little grossed out.
And I think I might be showing today. I'm a little excited about it, but also feeling kind of like I wish I could put it off for a while longer. I know I'm gonna be really sick of my belly by the end. Charles is happy for me that I'm excited, but I think also a little grossed out. He'll be sick of my belly by the end, too, I'm sure.
Tonight he went out and bought me a turkey to cook, because we can never get enough of turkey leftovers. And rye bread. I forgot all about thawing it, so I'm gonna be done cooking it around one in the morning, but that turkey is calling me.
It's good to be back.

8 comments:

Kristie said...

im so glad you are feeling more yourself! its so nice when you get to the point where it feels more like pregnancy and less like a stomach ache. congrats for making it this far!

Unknown said...

Actually, I'm not grossed out by your tummy at all, just some of the weird things you want to eat. We might have to have separate meals for a while.

Natalie said...

I always new you'd have some great pregnancy cravings. Your non-pregnant cravings were creative enough! Glad you're feeling well again!

Starla said...

That food doesn't sound abnormal for you... I agree with Natalie

jax from the harmon squad said...

Yay! for feeling more normal again! And for eating- there were a few weeks where I would just sit on the couch and cry as I was holding the fifth meal I'd made for myself that morning and couldn't eat it 'cause it was gross. And the cravings drove me nuts- I'd buy something 'cause I HAD to have it, and by the next day I wanted nothing to do with. We threw out a lot of leftovers.

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Hey, you two! It's so fun to find your blog! Oh, how we (or should I say I) love the blogging world. I can't wait to see it more! It was so fun to see you guys tonight!

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Ha ha, no Ben falls asleep pretty fast. I have to wake him up just to make sure he gets through his prayers, and yes, many of his "prayers" are an hour long sometimes. I had to wake him up from a snoring prayer the other night:). The thing is, it happens to both of us all the time, so we will fall asleep on our knees and not know it until the next morning when I'm sore walking up the stairs.

Mark said...

Suzanna's grandma (Susu) hates peas, too. Maybe she and Charles should get together and play with handguns and talk about their mutual disgust for peas. You will probably be sick of your belly before Charles. I was merely inconvenienced by Suzanna's belly by the end. Now I can hug her properly again. Yay!