Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our Ubiquitous Weekend

We've found that while it's fun to learn new words and use them correctly, it's more fun to learn new words and use them incorrectly. For example, this week's word of the week has made for some interesting conversations. "This is the most ubiquitous sandwich I've ever tasted." "You're one ubiquitous husband." "You're still in bed at this ubiquitous hour?!" It's very ubiquitous fun.
We decided that we would document our ubiquitous weekend and blog it for you, so you can see what a typical weekend is like for the Campbell family. This is us ready to go out on our Friday night date, which is usually a dollar movie, but on Friday we splurged and went to a real movie!
We went to see 27 dresses, which was pretty cute. I took Eevi's word for it, and she was right! I really liked it. And I loved the ending, right before the credits. I won't give it away, but pay attention at that part. Not that you'll know when the credits are coming.
Going to the movies tends to give me the munchies. And Charles had them too, this time, so we went to Cafe Rio and indulged in some chips and queso. To be perfectly candid, as I believe one should be most of the time, it wouldn't be a Friday around here without chips and queso. and a diet coke with lime and a dr. pepper. So we turned it into a Friday with our chips and queso.
Our pet spider wanted to join us. Wait! We don't have a pet spider. It was an imposter, watching us from the far wall of the living room, and that would never do. We both danced and screamed, trying to find something to kill it with, but everything we found was too nice or too awkward to kill a spider with. And then the spider jumped at us, and disappeared on the carpet. This is us trying to find him. We did, and that was the end of Ned. We named him Ned postumously. Is it posthumous for a non-human? Postarachnidously?
One of our favorite things to do is brush our teeth together. The girls and I used to brush our teeth together, while we had storytime and said goodnight. Charles and I do the same thing, but he's cuter. No offense, girls. But look at the guy! And it's nice that we don't have to say goodnight!
We took it easy on Saturday. We went to PetSmart (every-other-Saturday-ritual of mine/ours) to make eyes at the puppies. And a kitten this time, too. He was orange. His name was Zoos. And his sister's name was Zeena. I hope they can find a good forever family that can spell better than their previous owners.
As Charles mentioned in the previous post, I got into a cooking frenzy that day (every-other-day-ritual of mine/ours) and ended up making both brownie tarts and coconut macaroons. And they were delicious! But I didn't know that until Sunday, because I made them for my sister-in-law's SuperBowl party. I didn't even try them because it would have made my platters uneven, and I was still trying to show off after the burnt banana bread incident of 2007. Sunday rolled around, though, and there was a blizzard. I guess the groundhog saw his shadow. Can't say I'm surprised, because he's a timid little weasel, but I was still heartbroken to wake up and find that the snow would not allow us to drive to Salt Lake to show off my pretty desserts. My perfectly balanced platters. So we broke our fast and ate them for dinner.
This is us at the Target checkout. Charles wasn't expecting this one. He was trying to figure out the credit card thingy at the checkout line. And he didn't know raspberries were so expensive in February. I have impeccable timing, no?
Aren't my tarts pretty? We ate them with raspberry italian soda, and it was tres SpaB. And Charles is holding my macaroons. He liked them very much. And he wouldn't share. Just kidding, that was me.
So, that's our ubiquitous weekend. Until our next ubiquitous post, stay vigilant! This is us telling you to have a splendiferous rest of the week! Voila! (These are our best voila faces!)

6 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

post the recipes!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for the play by play of your weekend :) now go rent "everything is illuminated"! you'll love it (I hope)!!!

Natalie said...

This is a good idea...I need to take more pictures and document our lives better. That's it. This weekend, I will do it. Oh, if you ever find yourself having food and noone to feed it to, please feel free to invite us over!

Mollie said...

Molly Phillips Campbell you kill me. Postarachnidously? I laughed out loud. Yay for brownie tarts! They look delicious. I made some just the other day too!

Starla said...

I love it! Do you have any tarts left? Next time you make them- or anything else tasty, please call me!

Eevi said...

I wish I was your neighbor and could enjoy all of these delicious things that you are baking and cooking! Any chance you feel the urge to move to Tucson?

I'm glad you liked 27 dresses. I would hate to give a bad recommendation:)

Natalie said...

Mup, you promised me a post today, and the day is almost over. How were the puppies doing?