Friday, June 5, 2009

VERY quick update



I know I owe you all a real update, but this will just have to do for now, because I haven't finished writing the whole story yet. 
For now:
Olivia is impressing her doctors everyday, and is making progress slowly but surely. She's been able to ween off of her heart medications and keep her heart pumping enthusiastically all by herself. Her brainwaves have been satisfactory for the whole week, so her forehead electrodes are all gone, and my baby has a forehead! She still continues to run a fever with the pneumonia and meningitis, but her bloodwork shows us that she's fighting those infections and they seem to be responding to the antibiotics. 
We've gotten to see her eyes, and they're a dark, dark, dark blue. And the most beautiful baby eyes I've ever seen. I can't believe how much emotion she evokes in me already; I've never even held her, but I feel like her mommy. I can't get enough of her! The nurses have to keep reminding us to go home every now and then for some sleep, but I'm up pumping every three hours anyway, so I might as well be hanging out with my girl. 
We feel incredibly blessed to have such a great support system in our family and friends. Thank you so much for all you do! The prayers, fasting, food, visits and love have been overwhelming, and I know Livie is being blessed by your faith. 
We have faith that Heavenly Father is taking good care of our baby in the ways that we can't; We can't hold her,  but I know that Heavenly Father is sending his spirit to be with her so she doesn't feel alone. And I know that she was meant to come to our family at this time, and that things are going according to his plan. That gives me peace, even if I can't tell what's to come. 

9 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

You guys are amazing! Even with the perspective and comfort the Gospel gives us, things can still be scary. We'll keep praying for you and hope that you can hold your little girl soon!

smtanners said...

You are such a fantastic family. We love you so much and will keep praying for your comfort and strength! Hugs and more hugs! Lots of love!

Cecily Jane said...

I'm so relieved to hear that she's doing better! We're keeping her in our prayers, and I hope I can come and visit her soon!

Suzanna said...

I am so happy to hear that she is improving and doing well. All of here in Texas are praying for you guys and hope that everything will continue to go well. We love you!

Becky said...

Congratulations on your little girl! It must be so hard to not be able to hold her yet, but you have such a good perspective about it! It sounds like her situation is improving. We're thinking of you!

Unknown said...

What a sweet little gal, and a fighter! I hope you get to snuggle her soon! Good job you guys!! :) You're in our prayers!

Birches said...

Great perspective! A sure testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ makes our trials not as debilitating and our joys that much richer. You three are always in our prayers. Motherhood is a miracle, I'm glad you've been able to feel it, even though you haven't held her yet.

Anonymous said...

Molly and Charles and Livie - you are in our hearts and prayers. Can you feel the love from Arizona???

Love, Aunt Heidi

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

You are in my prayers too!

Please don't forget to give a more detailed update when you get the time. I feel out of the loop. What happened?