Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas is coming, tra la, tra la!

Okay, so tomorrow's the last day of finals, for the University as well as for Charles and me. He has his hardest final tomorrow for his statistical analysis class, and I have BIO 100. What a joke that class was! Whoever thought up the idea of writing a group research paper had obviously never met a freshman.
Anyway, after we get done with finals tomorrow, and after I get out of work, and after we pack and then clean the house enough that we won't be depressed when we get back, we're going to drive up to Salt Lake and spend the night with Charles' mom. Then we're going to take Saturday and do some of the Salt Lake things we keep talking about doing, but we never do because we only go to Salt Lake on Sundays. And then Charles' mom is driving us to the airport! To go home! To Virginia! I'm a little excited about that part.
I haven't been home to Virginia for a year and a half, since I got married. I've seen my family since then, in Idaho and in Wyoming and Montana, but not on our own turf. It's funny to think of all the things that have happened since I was last home. Emile's fallen in love, Lizzy's the editor of her school paper, Anna's learning German, Cam's probably read over fifty books, and Maggie's far surpassed me in math skills. My mom's got a new calling in Young Women, and my dad's gone to war and come back in one peice. Charles has started grad school, and I've become an editor myself. It's been quite a year and a half!
Look forward to lots of pictures from us, when we get back! We're having a giant gingerbread house making contest, and Charles and I are going to win! I won't tell you what we're going to do yet, because I don't want to let the competition in on it, but it'll be good. And we'll have pictures of the Christmas Eve sleepover that Charles and I are hosting this year, in Lizzy's room. It's going to be delightfully complicated by the presence of another kid (Charles)! Maybe in the future we'll have Daniel there, too. That way Charles and Cam won't be so outnumbered. We'll have pictures of Christmas morning, with all of us lined up before we can go downstairs. I'm getting so excited thinking about it!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope yours is fantastic, wherever you are.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay for Christmas with families! I'm glad you get to go home. I'm so excited to go too! And I think your excitement is rubbing off on me. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Lizzy Meppen said...

Molly, you are sadly mistaken, i believe it is me who is going to win our first annual gingerbread building contest. I am the clear choice! Love you...and i can't wait to see you...on Saturday!

Starla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Starla said...

Good luck with the competition. I love the trash-talking. It's not really a competition until the trash-talking starts. Merry stinkin' Christmas! Love ya!

Mollie said...

You took Bio 100 this semester? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME? I never liked a group research paper either- writing one or grading one.

I am excited for you guys to go to VA. Sounds like you will have lots of fun and really enjoy the Christmas spirit. Can't wait to see pictures! Love you!

Mollie said...

That one was me, by the way. I didn't realize I had changed my name to "we are."

SMT Family said...

I am excited to see all the Christmas pictures! Skyler and I get to host the first Christmas family sleepover this year too! Christmas traditions are so wonderful! I am glad you get to be with family in VA!